Diploma in Hospitality Management course is designed to provide the students with a broad understanding of the operational aspects of the hospitality operations management. It equips the learner with practical skills and management knowledge required to advance in hotel management roles and in education.
Students go through all areas of hotel operations theoretically and towards the end the management of these areas. To enhance the management skills of the candidates, the learners will be attached to Cascade Restaurants and Conference Centre.
Graduates in this course would progress to work as supervisors in Food & Beverages, Housekeeping, Front Office, Food & Beverage Control, and Departmental Managers in these areas and eventually ascend to Hotel General Management positions.
- Food Production Theory & Practical
- Food & Beverage Service Theory & Practical
- Food & Beverage Control
- Marketing for Hospitality
- Tourism & Hospitality Industry
- Customer Relationships in Tourism & Hospitality
- Front office procedures
- Housekeeping Operations
- Foreign Language
- Destination Analysis, Travel Agency & Tour Guiding Operations
- Rooms Divisions operations and Techniques
- Hotel & Catering Law
- Menu planning & products development
- Wine & Bar Service Techniques
- Rooms Division Supervision Techniques ( Theory &Practical)
- Conference & Banqueting Management
Entry requirements – KCSE C – / Certificate in Hospitality Training/ Three (3) years working experience in Hospitality
Duration – 2 Years (7 terms)
Tuition Fees : 18,000 per term